Marketing Innovation Awards
If you say conventional thinking is a passé, there are trend setters to second it!
DMA India also celebrates such game changing products and solutions that enabled marketers to shift away from conventional marketing practices and enter, with confidence, a marketing space dominated by data driven techniques and defined by rapid development, growth and change.
Marketing innovation awards is an attempt to honour such trend setters! The award program is mirrored on the lines of the established DMA (US) Marketing Innovation Awards.
On the lines of The DMA Innovation Awards that celebrate the game-changing products and solutions that enable marketers to shift away from conventional marketing practices and enter, with confidence, a marketing space dominated by data-driven techniques and defined by rapid development, growth and change the DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards are announced.
The criteria remains consistent. Innovation can be in the form of new-to-market offers, standing solutions addressing complex business problems, market-leading solutions, or a new approach altogether that improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs. Finalists and winners will be selected by a distinguished panel of judges.
In its inaugural year, DMAi will recognise solutions across four categories.
What Are We Looking For?
How do you measure innovation in a data-driven marketing environment?
When is a solution the very newest approach? How do you decide what’s progressive — and what’s absolutely radical? How do you benchmark pure unadulterated craziness? To meet this conceptual challenge, we have formulated three questions that get to the heart of the matter:
1. How innovative is your product or solution?
- Is it completely new?
- Is it an exciting advance on a previous technology?
- Or is it a fresh way of looking at an existing solution?
2. How does your product or solution impact the end user?
- Who is the “end user” – a marketer or a supplier?
- Has it helped the end user improve his/her efficiency?
- What data is available to quantify this impact?
3. How has your product or solution made a difference in the data-driven marketing community at large?
- Has it influenced the way the data-driven marketing industry thinks?
- Has it made the data-driven marketing industry more effective?
- Can it strengthen the future of data-driven marketing for the long-term?
PLEASE NOTE: Judges are MOST interested in the measurable, sufficient results the product or solution has obtained while on the market—NOT the length of time the product has been on the market.
Solutions that use digital technologies to develop timely and relevant communications in an effort to build brand awareness, customer interaction, and conversion. The digital technologies in this category include display, search, email, social, content, and affiliate marketing.
*Data, Analytics & Attribution
Solutions for online/offline marketing that focus on database, data processing and hygiene, reporting, and advanced analytics using integrated technologies to improve the process, cost, and execution management for end to end campaign delivery. The automated data and analytics in this category should allow for timely and relevant communications.
*Social, CRM & Loyalty
Solutions that center on retaining customers, building winning loyalty programs and increasing brand awareness using multiple channels that may include social and content marketing aspects of loyalty marketing include full points programs, membership programs, and value-tier analytics.
Solutions that are centered on the use of mobile technologies across devices to build either or both brand awareness and customer interactions.
Inspiration from International Winners
2014 DMA USA Winner
2013 Winners at DMA USA
2013 DMA US Winner
2012 DMA USA Winner
2012 Winner at DMA USA
2012 DMA USA Winner
Judges will assess the applications primarily on three criteria:
- Does the innovation break with conventional ideas or processes in its field? Is it completely new? Does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists? Is it a fresh way of looking at an existing solution?
- Will it have a wide impact on future technology in its field or in other fields? Who is the end user — a marketer or a supplier? Has it helped the end user improve his/her efficiency? Are there any data available to quantify this impact?
- Has the product or solution made a difference in the marketing community? Has it influenced the way today’s data-driven marketers think? Has it made the end user more effective? Has it strengthened and advanced the future of data-driven marketing for the long term?
All entries will be prescreened to ensure that the entries have correctly met the entry guidelines. The judges have the right to reassign entry categories for entries that are deemed incorrectly entered. Please retain a copy of your entry form for your files. Winners will be notified by email using the information provided on the entry form.
The DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards celebrate the game-changing products and solutions that enable marketers to shift away from conventional marketing practices and enter, with confidence, a marketing space dominated by data-driven techniques and defined by rapid development, growth and change.
Innovation can be in the form of new-to-market offers, standing solutions addressing complex business problems, market-leading solutions, or a new approach altogether that improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs.
Entries are to meet the following criteria:
- Innovative advances must have been available on the market from January 2014 to Dec 2014.
- Have innovative distinction from other products or solutions currently developed for the marketing community.
- If it’s a production extension, it must have substantial modification or adaptation.
- Have a fresh way of looking at an existing solution.
- Provide benefit to the marketing community and their customers.
- Show how it has helped the end user improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Provide data and detailed, measurable results to quantify the impact.
Complete entries (including relevant materials) should be submitted via email or mail. See details below.
Please provide a clear, concise and logical response to each and every question that is applicable to your entry.
You must use the official entry form to enter your product and/or solution.
The product and/or solution must have been available on the market after Jan 2014.
You may enter your product and/or solution into more than one category. The entry free must be paid for all categories entered.
The Marketing Innovation Committee reserves the right to reassign entry categories for submissions that are deemed incorrectly entered. Please retain a copy of your entry form for your files.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY/USAGE
The Marketing Innovation Awards Committee assumes all entries are original and the entrant either owns the work or has permission from the owner’s approved agent to enter the work, with all rights granted therein. The DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards shall not be liable for any trademark or copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
Submission of any entry acknowledges the right of the DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards Committee to use it for exhibition, promotion and publication purposes in any medium.
Timely submission of an entry meeting the eligibility requirements and payment of the entry fee as stated herein ensures that an entrant’s work will be reviewed and considered for recognition. No other representation or warranty is made by the DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards concerning entries, and all implied warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
If an entry receives an award, the manner and details of announcing such nomination and award is strictly within the discretion of the DMAi Marketing Innovation Awards. Entrant understands that all awards may not be presented to awardees or publicized in the same manner and some may be presented in a ceremony and others may not at the discretion of the DMAi.
Entry Fees (Per Entry)
Rs.25000 + Taxes
Payment can be made via credit card or check. Please indicate payment method on the entry form. Credit card information should be included on the entry form.
By Email: Entries should be emailed to the DMA Innovation Awards 2014 Committee at email@example.com