There are two parts to the entire process
Part 1: The Nielsen Survey
DMAi – GMAW has commissioned Nielsen to conduct India’s largest survey to know the trust rank from CMO’s about agencies & enablers. The survey would indicate the confidence benchmark of a variety of agencies & enablers, with splits by city and industry.
Part 2 : The Best of the Best
Trending agencies & enablers will be invited to participate in the CMO Choice Awards. Participation has fees attached to it. However payment of fees is no guarantee to get the award.
Participating agencies & enablers need to impress a Tri-City jury of the Marketing Big Boys. An application / personal presentation at each of these three cities to an eminent jury set will define the victors.
Why should i care to participate?
- An opportunity to showcase your brand / agency / platform / solution to an eminent jury subset of 100 senior CMO’s in person.
- A wider opportunity to be present at the GMAW network, strengthen existing relationships and forge new relationships.
- A shared table for 6 at the Awards Gala Nite
Note: Participation is by invite
– Usage of the CMO Choice Licence for a period of one year
– Premium CMO Choice Expo booth space at GMAW worth Rs.2 lac
If i don’t have too many big clients, will i lose ?
Short Answer : NO
Long Answer : CMO’s are looking to hear from you what did you do in the last 12 month and what was that made a difference to your clients business. How innovative was your idea.
When you present to the jury if you can have your clients vouch for you in person, over a recorded video or a quote at the least would be of immense value.
CMO’s want to learn from peers what worked for them.
Is this a awards for cash program ?
– No ! Entering in the awards does not guarantee a win. The jury decides why you truly deserve to be CMO’s most trusted partner.
What if i do not win ?
– Apart from the applicant benefits that you received
– One exclusive CMO Roundtable at the GMAW for a 1 to 1 interaction with 8-10 best in class marketing professionals worth upto Rs.2 lac*
- How many categories are there ?
- There are 8 Major Categories.
- You can check the list here. Is your category missing ?
- Can there be more than one winner per category ?
- Winners are defined by Category & Sub Category Combination
- What if there was no other participant in my category. Will I still be the winner ?
- No its not necessary.
- Judging Rules in brief
- The CMO Choice awards follow the ECHO Judging method that is one of the most robust.
- For a sub category to progress It should have at least the median score of all sub categories in its main category.
- If there are more than 3 participants. The average of scores across Mumbai – Delhi – Bangalore jury will be considered.
- What are the important dates?
- Last date of application & fees payment – 1 Feb
- Jury Meets 4th Feb – Delhi, 5th Feb – Blr, 6 Feb – Mum
- Last date of licence fees deposit payment – 9 Feb
- Awards Gala – 19 Feb
Getting nominated by the CMO’s, appearing in the survey report does not attract fees. It is not compulsory to participate.
Participating for the CMO Choice Awards attracts a fees of Rs.5 lac + ST.
Fees Break-up & Schedule
Application Fees : Rs.2 lac – at the time of application
Licence Fees* : Rs. 3 lac – prior to 10 Feb
Optional Add Ons – Follow up. Pls ask firstname.lastname@example.org
Since only winners would be allowed to use the CMO Choice Award Trust seal in all their communication , unsuccessful contestants would be refunded their licence fees deposit in full. Application fees do not get refunded.